© 2021 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
I was excited to get all the responses to my favorite-mug sharing a few days ago! I want you to have the healthiest, happiest life that you absolutely love! And mugs can be a supporting player in that life. Mugs comfort and reassure. They transport liquids that wake us up, that revive us, and that warm us up. Sometimes a mug even gets commandeered to hold soup, chili, or cereal. Even pencils!
Some mugs remind us of a place we’ve been, like the Starbucks in Cabo San Lucas. Or the street fair where we found the array of lovingly hand-crafted ceramicware. Some mugs are simply beautiful, and they create points of color in our office or living room. There are mugs that represent a company or candidate, or even a city. I once received a mug that said, “Genuine Souvenir of Israel”; on the bottom, it said “Made in Hong Kong”. Plus, it was the ugliest mug I have ever seen.
One of the greatest delights of a mug is that it may remind us of something important– a value, a goal, a mood we aspire to. These are the message mugs. Today, I’m sharing 5 of my favorite message mugs, collected over the years.
- The first I actually found in a Walgreens. In 5 words, it reminds us that we all have limits, and our job is to do our best, that’s all: DON’T STRESS- DO YOUR BEST. Great advice for anyone.
2. For this red mug, the message is in the shape. It’s a heart! This was unusual when I found it about 10 years ago. When I sip from this mug, I remember all the people who love me, and I remember God’s love. (To find a heart-shaped mug today, just ask your search bar– there are hundreds now.)
3. This is the mug that reminds you your burdens are not yours alone. God is taking care of things on a much more profound level than we can imagine. We are only responsible to do our part. The reverse side of this mug reminds us of Ps. 55:22, “Cast all your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.” (These are available online in several styles.)
4. The message of this one is clear. It also reminds me of all the love that surrounds us all the time. It’s from an Ellen Degeneres design line and probably still available.
5. This last one is from Taliesin, the Frank Lloyd Wright school of architecture. “Love is the virtue of the heart…Decision the virtue of the will.” I like to drink from this one when I want to feel strong and motivated.
So there you have some of my favorite message mugs. Do you have some that are meaningful or motivating for you? There are so many opportunities to feel bad in this world. Use the tools you have to comfort, uplift, and motivate yourself to create the life you want!
The more we are in step with the positive and the supportive, the inspirational and the motivational, the more we find we’re Healthy, Happy, and Loving Lifesm! The choices are up to you!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress solutions expert, holistic guide, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime energy healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, firstname.lastname@example.org .