chocolate, Dark chocolate, Feeling energized, Health, Healthy Happy Loving Life, Kebba Buckley Button, UpBeat Living, World Chocolate Day July 7th
© 2022 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved. Happy World Chocolate Day! Today, July 7, is a special day to celebrate the tasty treats that contain chocolate in any of many forms– desserts, savory sauces (such as mole’), candies, dipped strawberries or apricots, smoothies, frozen goodies… The list is endless. And wonder of wonders, this substance is good for you– or can be, without too much added sugar or fat.
This practice– Healthy Happy and Loving Lifesm— emphasizes the positive in all possible ways. And today, we celebrate the health benefits of chocolate! Yes, it’s true! When you think of chocolate, you can think of it—dark chocolate, anyway—as a health food. Remember, the Inca Indians discovered it and drank it hot, without sweetening, hundreds of years ago.
A number of medical studies have shown that modern people can use it for health. Without being too technical, here are some of the great ways dark chocolate serves the body:
- Provides antioxidant power, which gives you energy and fights free radicals, thus reducing risk of heart disease. Note that milk may interfere with the absorption of the antioxidants.
- Lowers mild high blood pressure.
- Cleans teeth well, when you brush with cocoa powder on your wet toothbrush.
- Is associated with drastically lower occurrence of major diseases, when consumed as natural hot cocoa. These diseases include: stroke, heart failure, cancer, and diabetes. Natural cocoa, as cacao, has a very high level of epicatchin, a type of antioxidant that some believe should be classified as a vitamin. Epicatachin is also found in some teas, wine, and some fruits and vegetables.
- Can strengthen tissue and help build muscle, due to the epicatachin.
You people who love white chocolate or milk chocolate can keep eating it as a treat. Dark chocolate lovers, this is your time! Snack on dark chocolate bars, especially organic, and put dark chocolate chips in those cookies. Stir natural cocoa powder, or cacao, into your smoothies, and make your own low-fat snack bars. Look for chocolate-coated kale chips! Enjoy your increased vitality! Are you feeling energized now? So what are you waiting for? Go blend a smoothie with 2 tablespoons of high quality cacao powder! Join with the World in celebrating this delicious food!
In my daily series this month, I hope to strongly convince you that positive living is the way to be, and it results in greater health and happiness and joy. It’s more fun! And that would be you, trying a few new things, ever more Healthy Happy and Loving Lifesm!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress/energy management expert, holistic healer, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. They are also available in Scottsdale, Arizona, at the Franciscan Renewal Center bookstore and at the bookstore at St. Barnabas on the Desert Episcopal Church. Or simply email us to order: email@example.com . Thank you!