© 2015 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
What a beautiful day out. Life feels good, and you are so grateful for all your blessings! You just lost 5 pounds you didn’t want. Your car has 4 new tires and a full tank of gas. You got the bills paid online this morning and now you’re off to run errands. The first errand is depositing a big check from a new client. You feel at one with life, joyful without having to think about it. Your heart is light, and you are optimistic. You are In Joy Meant. You are in harmony with the Universe and in the flow with the traffic, on the road and on the Internet. You’re deep in your Peace Within. And then:
- An angry person blasts you with a vicious text or email, or
- A loved one calls, storming about a conflict at work, or
- When you’re almost home, a stressed driver rear-ends you.
Your serenity is shattered. Your heart is racing. Your mind has gone blank and you can’t concentrate. This is it: you’re about to catch major stress from someone else. What can you do to shed this stress trying to take possession of your body-mind system? Immediately apply these steps for stress first aid!
- Drop your shoulders and exhale, to and through your toes. Do this three times. Notice your heart calming. Repeat as needed.
- When both your hands are free, place your right hand over your heart and your left on your mid-back, if you can reach it. Between your shoulder blades, you’ll find a sore vertebra. Hold that one. Notice your body calming more deeply.
- Think of how peaceful you felt right before this happened, and call that serenity back. Give this 30 seconds, at least.
- Take 2 squirts of Bach Rescue Remedy spray (available at most health food stores- can be taken hourly). For future, keep Rescue Remedy in your home, desk, purse, and briefcase for rough days and sudden jolts.
- If you don’t have Rescue Remedy, suck on a mint. Seriously! The mint itself is alkaline and will help your acid-base balance. No, the cinnamon flavor is not equally good. The fact that you are massaging the center of your tongue with that mint means you are connecting to some of your deepest energy lines and calming yourself. This connection is one reason for stress eating.
Now you should feel cool enough to carry on with the most reasonable strategy for the jolting situation. Do your best. Keep exhaling.
- This stress wasn’t yours before the jolt, and it doesn’t have to be yours now. You can move through this with calm and with a light heart, open to the stress dissolving quickly
- Don’t move your consciousness into the center of the stress. Stay in your own mental space while considering it.
- Whatever it is, this too shall pass.
Yes, stress can attack any of us suddenly! But you can move through it and not keep it. You can get back to your day and your Peace Within.
- If you enjoy this post, please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma! Due to a recent FB change, our “likes” look low. Thanks for your help!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert and award-winning author. She also is an ordained minister and has a natural healing practice. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br),and Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition. Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. Sacred Meditation and Peace Within are both available through her office. Just call the office or email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: email@example.com .