© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, M.S., O.M. World Rights Reserved.
Do your friendships and other relationships make you happy? Are you pleased, content, and often smiling? Can you honestly say, “I have the life I want, and I am grateful”? Would you say you’re in UpBeat Living?
Have your relationships been just what you want? Or are you often frustrated with your relationships? Would you like more closeness, more laughs, and perhaps more fun? Are you looking for a significant other, or simply more smooth and pleasant business interactions? Try these top tips for tuning up your social satisfaction:
1. Listen to people and affirm. People want to receive the message that they are significant, that they “count”. You may be the great listener a new friend has been looking for. This is also the top way people get the message they are cared about.
2. If it doesn’t need to be said, don’t say it. Smooth interaction is often better for the short- and long term than being right and making sure they know it.
3. Consider the Mirror Effect when things go wrong. Sometimes the very thing someone claims about you is true of them, not you. A contractor I hired said I was selfish (hey, who was paying whom?), but she turned out to be a complete narcissist. Negotiation is sometimes impossible with these people, and you may have to walk away. Walk quietly and focus on what you do want, not what you don’t want.
4. Consider that some people aren’t for you, personally or professionally. If the other person/brother/Mom/cousin/neighbor/coworker is generally not responding to your emails, ideas or friendliness, consider giving less or letting go. You’ll have more energy for other relationships and for projects.
5. Now install this in your consciousness by repeating after me 25 times, twice daily: “I have the life and the relationships I want, and I am grateful!” Do this for a month, and let me know how different things are. Soon you’ll have much more success and joy.
● Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert and the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc). She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister.
● Liked this article? You can buy Kebba’s books: just click the links!
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please comment!
● Get these articles by email– just click the Subscribe Free option in the right column.
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .