© 2021 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Who doesn’t enjoy love? An estimated 100 million love songs have been written and recorded, just one cultural proof that people love love. Annually, we face Valentines’ Day on February 14th, and that day makes us really think about the love in our lives. It isn’t just the cards, the heart-logo candy, the heart-shaped pillows, and the heart-decorated clothing and jewelry that are out this time of year.
So, if you think you want more love, let’s start with recognizing better the love that you do have that you may not have noticed! That’s where the 6 Love Codes come in. Some have been trying to say they like you, they have great regard for you, they love you– but they are indicating in other Love Codes than you have been recognizing. Here is a very brief outline of the basic 6:
- They speak it: they give compliments, they say you are delightful, and sometimes they even say “I love you”.
- They touch: they high-five with you, they clap you on the back as they go by, they hug you. They stand next to you and squeeze your opposite shoulder.
- They do for you: they trim that bush near your front door (asking first), they ask if you want anything from the grocery store, they offer to bring that heavy package in for you. They offer to drive you to your vaccination appointment.
- They like to spend time with you. They hang out while you bake or while you trim the roses. At a barbeque, they join your conversation group, holding their beverage and nodding thoughtfully. They make up reasons to spend time together. In business, they spend extra time after the Zoom meeting, helping you with business issues.
- They give gifts. They bring you soup when they’ve made a pot. They give you a new brand of local raw chocolate they just found at the open-air market. In a relationship, they buy you candy, flowers, jewelry– even a car, if you believe the Toyota commercials.
- They give money or pay for things. This is most clear in parents who ask their college kids, “how are you doing? Do you need some money?” Sometimes your aunt or sister buys you a subscription to a magazine you love — whether that’s gifting or money gifting, you can see this is caring, right?
We have often been advised to “stop and smell the roses”. So, what if we applied this to noticing love? What if we walked a little more slowly and noticed how many brighten up when we Facetime or join that Zoom room? What if we showed caring and appreciation in these 6 ways, matching the ways in which people are showing caring and love for us? Imagine, if you suddenly found there is much more love in your life than you had realized yesterday? And there is always more love to share. Now, doesn’t it feel great to be even more Healthy, Happy, and Loving Lifesm? It’s up to you!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress solutions expert, holistic guide, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime energy healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, firstname.lastname@example.org .