© 2015 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
In yesterday’s article , I urged you to glide gently into your fabulous New Year, 2015 (http://wp.me/pw4HM-kV). I urged you to wait before setting resolutions, to simply drink water, gently exercise, and otherwise detox from the holidays, while considering your options. Today, I’m asking you to wait one more day before making those resolutions.
Today, I’m sharing the number one unrecognized secret roadblock causing the failure of New Year’s goals and resolutions, and any other goals and resolutions you may ever have. You must recognize and deal with this phenomenon honestly and completely, if you are to succeed any time, now, this year, or throughout your future. READY?
Ack! Actually, readiness is the secret. When you are not ready, the goal is roadblocked! There are 3 secrets to being beating this roadblock:
- Believability: Your mind must be able to believe the goal is achievable.
- Worthiness: Your personality must allow the changes necessary to achieve the goal. Will your mind and heart allow you to be that person? Are you worthy enough?
- Release: Your desire for the new condition or level must be greater than the inertia of staying as you are. Are you willing to let go of that roadblock? Can you say goodbye to the old you?
“This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”
~ Taylor Swift
Let’s do a simple example using a popular New Year’s Resolution. Using Secret 1, you want to lose 30 pounds, which is, let’s say, 3 sizes. When was the last time you were that size? Or were you ever that size? If you have been trying to lose weight for 10 years, since you were that size, does part of you possibly believe that you can’t really lose 30 pounds? If so, you’re sunk before you’ve started. Research shows that your mind must find a goal believable, so this one is a candidate for sectioning. Now let’s break it up into 5-pound segments. Would your mind believe you can lose 5 pounds in the next 2 months? Sure! So take that goal to start with, meet it, then go for another 5 pounds.
Now, using Secret 2, will your mind allow you to be the 3-sizes-smaller person? Are you worthy of being that attractive and fit? Or does part of you think you should never presume to claim the small-thin-fit image? This can be a little tricky. How do you feel about your current weight, fitness, and attractiveness? Write down or keyboard out what the consequences would be, if you were 3 sizes smaller. What would that look and feel like? Who would your friends and colleagues be? Would you have better business opportunities? Are you worthy of making more money?
Now we’re applying Secret 3: would you feel uncomfortable with that much social attention? Would you be tempted to give up your singleness and then be possibly risking dating and relationships? Sure, it’s comfortable staying as you are and getting what you’ve always gotten. But that’s exactly your roadblock: staying the same is comfortable. Is the new size you want worth shaking up your routines and results? Can you say goodbye to the old You and hello to a really new You? Only you can decide.
Now try walking through this process with other goals you may have. Privately write down everything you’re thinking and feeling. What do you really want? Who are you willing to be? What are you worthy of?
Don’t you feel different now than you did a few minutes ago? Fantastic! I stand for your most joyous, fulfilled, successful 2015. Please let me know how you have used these secrets, and with what results. Meanwhile, tomorrow, I will finally talk about Resolutions to Revolutionize Your Year!
Energy, Peace, Meditation
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc ). Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, available through her office. Just email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: firstname.lastname@example.org .