© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
If you are sensitive to gluten, or simply wheat, or you have a loved one with those sensitivities, you’ll want to have some quick and simple gluten-free (GF) recipes handy. Here are two easy ones that require no technical expertise at all. The GF Almond Cookies are the simplest cookie recipe I have ever seen, and they freeze well. Not that they will last long, once your guests taste one! The Honey-Pecan-Pumpkin Cake is a classic winter cake with a Southern flare, and it freezes well also. You can make it with- or without the nuts. Have fun with these!
GF Almond Cookies
- In a medium bowl, mix:
- 1 c. almond butter (organic if possible)
- 1 c. organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 T vanilla
- Optional: 6 oz GF chocolate chips
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet you have sprayed with GF baking spra
- Bake at 350 degrees about 13 minutes or until firm. Time will vary by the brand of almond butter you have.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, if you can wait. Makes about 20.
GF Honey-Pecan-Pumpkin Cake
- Spray, or butter-and-flour, one bundt cake pan or two 5” x 9” loaf pans.
- 1 c organic sugar
- ¾ c medium honey
- 1 ¼ c olive oil
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 ½ t baking soda
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 c white rice flour
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 t ground coriander
- 1 t ground cloves
- 3 c well-mashed steamed pumpkin (or 24 oz canned pumpkin)
- 1 c chopped pecans
- Try to mix the sugar and honey. Add oil and eggs, mix well.
- Add pumpkin, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add and mix well.
- Bake at 325 degrees for at least 30 minutes, depending on your oven. Cake/s will be done when springy to the touch. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before turning out.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream and tangerine sections.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)( http://perfectboundmarketing.gostorego.com/authors/kebba-buckley-button.html)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br). ● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .