holiday stress, Kebba, New Year, New Year's Resolutions, stress, Stress Management, UpBeat Living
UpBeat Living: Closing Out 2013
© 2013 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
It’s the last day of the old year, 2013, and already people are wishing each other a Happy New Year. TV networks have aired video summaries of the most colorful events of 2013. This morning, Arizona time, as people watched those videos over breakfast, Sydney, Australia had already crossed into the New Year and celebrated with fireworks. You have to watch those pesky time zones.
But wait! Have you properly said “[G]oodbye” to 2013? Before you launch into your New Year’s resolutions—and you know you will—how about first making your own summary list of all you accomplished or weathered or observed in the old year? My husband held a great-granddaughter on his lap for the first time. I finished the second edition of my newest book, Peace Within, and officiated an interfaith prayer service in a Catholic Church (think about it—I’ll wait) for International Day of Peace in September. A new Pope was elected, an Italian-speaking Hispanic, who embodies God’s love and goes by “Francis”, after St. Francis. And CBS says Esquire Magazine has named the Pope Best-Dressed Man Of The Year! For a Pope, he dresses simply, in white.
Why not make a list of all the frustrations and victories, disappointments and joys, that were there for you in this outgoing year? Take a piece of paper, or a word processor document, or create lists in your phone. Make 3 columns: what I didn’t like, what I did like, and what happened in the World that affected me. Take just 15 minutes, or more, if you realize it’s a powerful thing for you. You’ll notice a lot of accomplishments. Be proud. Celebrate the good. Toast to the wonders of the Old Year, and wait until midnight to ring in the New Year.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)( http://perfectboundmarketing.gostorego.com/authors/kebba-buckley-button.html)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
- Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org .