© 2021 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, I’ve been thinking a lot about our bucket list, the crazy mixed list of things we would like to do before we die or “kick the bucket”. Everyone probably has a different bucket list. What’s on your bucket list? If you’ve seen the 2007 movie, The Bucket List, with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, you are definitely up on how a person’s background and situation affects their ultimate bucket list. Please see the movie, if you haven’t.
As I think about my own bucket list, I think about my entire life, things I want to do, places I want to visit, and experiences that would, frankly, require time travel. I would like to see:
- Carmel by the Sea, a charming and artistic town, possibly a good BNB spot for a few days’ writer’s retreat.
- The Redwoods- especially the tree with the arch cut at the bottom, so you could drive through it. I want to look up and see the mist 300 feet above me.
- Agatha Christie’s England, staying in a country inn for a month, photographing and writing.
- My late mother’s childhood home as it was in 1925, on two acres of citrus and rare plants, with her parents tending the plants and cutting fresh flowers each day.
But I am at peace if these never happen. I have seen and done many wondrous things, and I know I have done my best. So I am square with my Maker. I have seen:
- Asilomar near Monterey, with its long and serene beach boardwalks
- Bavaria of 1966, Neuschwanstein Castle
- Carnaby Street the year miniskirts hit
- Rehoboth Beach at dawn (Atlantic coast)
- The Pacific coast at sunset
- The German-French Frendship Garden in Saarbrucken, with its music-driven fountains
- Westminster Abbey and a few Cathedrals.
- Market lanes in Nogales, Ensenada, and Cabo. Ships left to dissolve and sink off the coast of Mexico.
- Key Largo when it still looked much as it did during the making of the Bogart film– the original cafe’ and Florida brush.
I have held and comforted newborns and dying patients. I have crewed and flown in hot air balloons. I have crewed on a sloop and been hoisted to the top of the mast, to untangle the 20′ banner.
If I see Carmel and the Redwoods, I guess that’s gravy now. Because I’m deep in being Healthy, Happy, and Loving Lifesm! How about you?
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress solutions expert, holistic guide, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime energy healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, email@example.com .