© 2016 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
In Upbeat Livingsm, we want our lifestyle to be energized and joyful. To feel our best, we should regularly check on and tune up the energy of our spaces. So today’s topic is the energy of your home or office. By now, you’ve probably heard of the idea of Feng Shui, the art of placing objects in your home, office, or other space, to optimize the energy in the space and in your life. Maybe you’ve even dabbled in adding certain colors or objects to your space. If so, you already believe in subtle energy fields, the circulating energy patterns that you can’t see.
But you don’t need to understand the complex details of the discipline of Feng Shui, to clear or otherwise adjust your home or office energy. Especially if you are feeling stuck in any way, there are quick and simple things you can do to raise the energy, the feeling, of your space. At this writing, we are at the end of Summer and almost at the beginning of Fall. This is a natural time of transition and evaluation. The other natural time of home energy transition is in the Spring, when people launch into Spring cleaning. That is at time when people in cold areas open their doors and windows for the first time in months. They “air out” their homes, and they clean and freshen all the surfaces and contents. Perhaps they take a fresh look at what they own and what they would like to donate or replace. Perhaps they add some bright seasonal décor. In hot areas like Phoenix, this naturally happens at the end of Summer.
When outside temperatures finally descend to below 80 degrees, people may suddenly open their front doors and find the air is cooler outside than inside—a pleasant, refreshing shock. At that point, the home or office energy has been stale for a half year, and it’s time for a re-set. Junk energy has been accumulating all during the closed-window season.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said,
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
Shadow energy builds up when we don’t air out or tune up our space. Now that the weather is mild, all the energy of stress, illness, fatigue, and discouragement can be aired out and cleansed away. This is simple. It can take about 10 minutes of your time, plus an hour to continue letting the space air out! Just follow these 8 easy steps.
- Set your intention to clear and lighten up the energy of your space.
- Open all the doors and windows. Leave the screen doors closed.
- Light an incense stick or sage bundle. You’ll carry it around over a pan that catches the ash. Any incense will do, coupled with your intention. My favorite is Nag Champa.
- Declare your intention and/or say a prayer. Try this traditional one, or write your own: “Visit, we beseech Thee, O Lord, this dwelling, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy. Let Thy holy Angels dwell herein, to preserve us in peace. And let Thy blessing be upon us forever. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.”
- Go around your space repeating phrases about release, such as: “I bless and release all tired, ill, old, or stale energy. I bless and release all pain, all emotional sludge, all discouragement, all stuck/ness, all unclarity, all brain fog, all distraction, and all outdated ideas of life and who I should be”. Picture stale energy leaving through the open windows and doors.
- Go around again, still holding the pan with burning incense or sage, and repeat phrases like this: “I refill this space with new, fresh, upbeat, encouraged, optimistic, can-do energy. I declare this to be a space filled with radiance and wellness, vitality, fresh ideas, easy concentration, right action, inspiration, and best relationships. I declare that this space draws the ideal friends, (clients, if applicable,) loved ones, energy, and income. This is a place of peace, joy, and balance!”
- Thank God/the Universe/Jesus/the Angels. According to your belief system, express great gratitude that these things are so.
- Give the space an hour to air out, or more if climate and schedule permit.
Now simply repeat as desired. You’ll notice the space feels lighter, and everything you do is easier. And that’s Upbeat Living!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert and award-winning author. She also is an ordained minister and has a natural healing practice. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br),and Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc ). Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, available through her office. Just email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to book Rev. Kebba to speak for your group, email firstname.lastname@example.org