© 2022 Kebba Buckley Button, M.S., O.M. World Rights Reserved.
-Image by megapixl
Coffee has been maligned as making you jittery or giving you an acidic digestive system. But today’s coffees come with decaf, organic, and low-acid options. Just ask Amazon, for a dazzling array of coffee options.
So before you say “no” to coffee, consider its many proven health benefits. Coffee is loaded with antioxidants and other compounds that are good for you and that help keep you young. The following 9 benefits are from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. So consider these as medical education:
- You could live longer! Coffee drinkers die less from coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and kidney disease.
- Your body may process glucose (or sugar) better! Those who drink more coffee are less likely to get type 2 diabetes.
- You’re less likely to develop heart failure! Drink 1- to 2 cups a day.
- You are less likely to develop Parkinson’s Disease! Decaf won’t work for this one: caffeine is linked to a lower chance of developing Parkinson’s, and it may also help those with Parkinson’s have more control over their movements.
- Your liver will thank you! Both regular and decaf coffee seem to have a protective effect on your liver. Coffee drinkers are more likely to have liver enzyme levels in the healthy range.
- Your DNA will be stronger! Dark roast coffee decreases breakage in DNA strands, which occurs naturally but can lead to cancer or tumors if not repaired by your cells.
- Your odds of getting colon cancer will go way down! Regular and decaf equally make you less likely to develop colorectal cancer.
- You may decrease your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease! Drink 2 cups a day to help protect yourself from AD. Women age 65 and older who drank 2-3 cups a day were less likely to develop dementia in general.
- You’re less likely to suffer a stroke! For women, at least one cup of coffee a day is associated with lowered stroke risk.
And on top of all these health reasons, coffee makes your home smell great! And it tastes yummy! So drink your coffee, so that you, too, will be ever more Healthy Happy and Loving Lifesm!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress/energy management expert, holistic healer, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. They are also available in Scottsdale, Arizona, at the Franciscan Renewal Center bookstore and at the bookstore at St. Barnabas on the Desert Episcopal Church. Or simply email us to order: firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you!