© 2021 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved. http://www.kebba.com
Do you ever have a month that is full of weirdness and outright surprises? Do you ever notice you‘re in a time when very little is in its regular groove, within your normal expectations? I have been experiencing one of those months. I had 2 huge changes, with my husband passing and me beginning chemo. Yet I keep noticing and hearing news of the weird, and astonishing moments. Life has been here, there, and everywhere. I had to share some of this with you. Here are just a few riveting moments:
– In the middle of 8 lanes of traffic in central Phoenix last week, a beautiful dragonfly wafted by, right in front of my car. So light and free. A great reminder.
– Today, major news outlets recorded Mel Smothers leaning on his bright yellow 4 x 4, playing violin in northern California traffic. South Lake Tahoe was evacuating, due to the unbelievably huge Caldor fire. Mel had been stopped in a line of evacuees for 1 ½ hours at this point. He looked relaxed. His golden retriever looked worried. We don’t know what Mel’s wife thought, because she was in a vehicle behind them.
– People who keep track of these things assure me that today is Love Litigating Lawyers Day. (You can confirm this with Helen Goldman of Primo Promos.)
– Experts announced that eating one hotdog takes 26 minutes off your life. I realized I don’t care. At all. I will continue to eat one annually without their permission.
– Amazon announced a buy now pay later plan, accompanied by warnings that we have only 110 days to shop before Christmas. Look out! You never have more than 365 days to shop before Christmas! Time is clearly closing in.
– IKEA announced today that it is testing a buy-back program, offering store credit for IKEA pieces you previously purchased, and selling those pieces in an as-is section. The US program will debut in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, through September 19. It has been successful in other countries and is expected to be implemented in all US locations also. The company is moving toward more corporate sustainability and to be “climate positive” by 2030.
– Several news outlets reported that a bear in Connecticut stole an Amazon package– containing scented toilet paper. Amazon had only delivered the package 5 minutes before, when homeowner Kristin Levine’s system warned her someone else was at her door. Then she saw the bear making off with her package. I wonder if the fragrance of the toilet paper contained fruit tones?
– I stepped outside to greet God this morning, as I do every day. And today, there was a rainbow. God’s reminder that He is there for us.
– Then a hummingbird buzzed in front of me, twice, at waist level. Our hummingbirds normally like to stay high and away.
Life has been here, there, and everywhere. Yet, it’s clear that, no matter how weird and change-filled life is, things will be OK. I will be OK. You will be OK. And that’s us, together, ever more Healthy Happy Loving Lifesm!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert, holistic healer, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, firstname.lastname@example.org .