© 2016 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Is there something in your body or your life that you wish were healed? The spectrum of positive outcomes is limitless. Understandings and many other tools can lead us to comfort, peace, release, and relief.
I like to focus on the positive, the Upbeat Livingsm, the joy– all the Highest and Best. Not the past or the pain. However, recently, I was in a healing ministry group gathering, and some were sharing stories of healings they had seen and experienced. We discussed dimensions of healing: what actually makes it happen? That day, I was moved to share with this loving group my most dramatic healing story: mine. Here it is.
When I was 26, one evening, I began to feel cranky. I thought “[H]ow odd! What’s going on?” My body replied that the large joints of my hands were burning. I thought, “[N]o problem. Mom has had mild arthritis since my age. I’ll take aspirin, like she does.” Oh no! Within a year, I was burning from head to toe. And there was a terrible stiffness with the pain. Over a few months, my joints began to enlarge and I could hardly use my hands. I knew I would be needing a wheelchair by my mid-thirties, and there would be no marriage or children. As an engineering manager, I went at potential solutions like the engineer of a high-speed train. I learned the latest on nutrition, controlled my diet, and took up oriental energy healing, primarily Jin Shin Jyutsu. I learned there are many approaches other than medication, to beat a painful condition.
When I was 33, I was at a party, and an acquaintance was talking about her arthritis as though she had married it. She was obsessed with it, in love with it. But that’s another column. I heard myself say to her, “[W]ell, when I had horrible crippling arthritis, I found several things really helped…” From there, I have no memory of what I shared with her, because I was so shocked to hear myself speak of my hellish, life-killing condition in the past tense. It had finished leaving sometime over the previous few months! I learned that just because you have a condition doesn’t mean it has to be progressive. Just because you have a diagnosis doesn’t mean you have to keep it. Later, as my joints actually healed and shrank, I learned that just because you have organic body damage, it doesn’t mean it can’t reverse. These were huge revelations to me. Now, at 63, most days, I have no pain of any kind whatsoever. People take me for 20 years younger.
The opportunity to experience that crippling condition was a transformative gift in my life. I became so fascinated with natural pain solutions and healing possibilities that I left engineering and morphed into an energy- and spiritual healer. I became an ordained minister, a spiritual teacher and an award-winning author. The more I helped people heal, the more I saw the underlying role of stress in almost all conditions. I began teaching people to dissolve their stress and actually trade in stress for energy and wellness. Now, I frequently teach stress management, energizing techniques, and meditation.
Roman statesman Lucius Seneca said,
The wish for healing has always been half of health.
Do you want healing? Then meditate on these top 7 Laws of Healing:
- There are many approaches other than medication, to beat horrible pain and other health conditions.
- Stress is a major factor to conquer, for most to get the healing they seek.
- Just because you have a diagnosis doesn’t mean you have to keep it.
- Just because you have a diagnosis doesn’t mean it gets to rule your life.
- Just because you have a condition doesn’t mean it has to be progressive.
- Just because there was never a medical protocol before doesn’t mean there won’t be one soon, if you like medical protocols.
- Just because you’re not cured doesn’t mean you can’t be healed.
After decades of my healer path, I now believe literally all things are possible. I experience the unreasonable and the miraculous every day. May I assist you in your healing journey? Your commitment to your own healing means you are stepping into Upbeat Living.
- If you enjoy this post, please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column. You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma! Due to a recent FB change, our “likes” look low. Thanks for your help!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc ). Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, available through her office. Just email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: email@example.com .