© 2020 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
We are living in a stressed-out society currently, and each of us needs to have some tools to deal with that. Here are 5 of my top immediate tools, for when stress is getting to you so badly that you think you may crash. Or fold. Or can’t go on. Or collapse. Or scream. Or make big mistakes with loved ones.
At one time, I was President of my HOA, and one day I received some strange news: our HOA Community Manager had walked off the job. And he did not resign or say goodbye. And he destroyed all his Sent Mail. And he left no notes. And it turned out he had been lying about things that were done and not done. I had noticed this guy apparently in melt-down, or on drugs perhaps, interacting unevenly. But I waited to say anything to his company, because… well, sometimes you hope they’ll rectify their own situation. But sometimes, he talked so fast you could hardly make out what he was saying. He gave different specifics on work orders that would have had one set of facts. Finally, he walked off the job and has not been heard from. But what if he had had the tools to prevent going into breakdown? Don’t you be this guy!
These are the tools to use right away, when you’re feeling out of control. Steps 2-5 are neurobiology and metabolic support.
- DECIDE if you want to be in control and move through this sanely.
- EXHALE every bad thought down the front of your body and out through your toes. Don’t worry about the inhale– it will come. Repeat as needed.
- TAKE EMERGENCY HOMEOPATHIC DROPS, such as the Bach Flower product, “Rescue Remedy”. It comes in a spray, drops, or pastilles. Take it every half hour if needed. Have some on hand for bad days and terrible days.
- HOLD YOUR CENTER PALMS. This calms your central nervous system and allows you to feel sane again.
- AVOID SUGARS, CARBS, ALCOHOL, AND DRUGS until you feel much better. These are all false friends when you are stressed.
Now TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION. After you have taken Steps 1-5, of course, you’ll want to think what needs to be done to change your situation. Start brainstorming with yourself, and make a lot of notes; then turn these into priorities. You may want to call someone for prayer or Go(o)d Thoughts or professional counseling. You may want to call your attorney. Or you may decide it has simply been a rough day, and a long shower will help greatly. Only you can make this call.
The World is very stressed right now, so don’t judge yourself harshly. When you’re falling apart, do these things to get back into the realm of Healthy Happy Loving Loving Lifesm! Are you in? Got any questions? I would like you to feel as great as you can!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert and award-winning author who celebrates life. She also has a longtime natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, firstname.lastname@example.org .