© 2016 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved. In Upbeat Livingsm, we emphasize the positive in all possible ways; today, we celebrate the health benefits of chocolate! Yes, it’s true. When you think of chocolate, you can think of it—dark chocolate, anyway—as a health food. Remember, the Inca Indians discovered it and drank it hot, without sweetening, hundreds of years ago.
A number of medical studies have shown that modern people can use it for health. Without being too technical, here are some of the great ways dark chocolate serves the body:
- Provides antioxidant power, which fights free radicals, thus reducing risk of heart disease. Note that milk may interfere with the absorption of the antioxidants.
- Lowers mild high blood pressure.
- Is associated with drastically lower occurrence of major diseases, when consumed as natural hot cocoa. These diseases include: stroke, heart failure, cancer, and diabetes. Natural cocoa has a very high level of epicatchin, a type of antioxidant that some believe should be classified as a vitamin. Epicatachin is also found in some teas, wine, and some fruits and vegetables.
- Can strengthen tissue and help build muscle, due to the epicatachin.
You people who love white chocolate or milk chocolate can keep eating it as a treat. Dark chocolate lovers, this is your time! Snack on dark chocolate bars and put dark chocolate chips in those cookies. Stir natural cocoa powder into your smoothies, and make your own low-fat snack bars. Enjoy your increased vitality! Are you feeling energized now? That feeling is part of Upbeat Living!
- If you enjoy this post, please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma! Due to a recent FB change, our “likes” look low. Thanks for your help!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc ). Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, available through her office. Just email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: email@example.com .