© 2022 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Have you been dragging lately? Are you working through times when you have been bored, horrified, angry, sad, or grieving? Well, I have good news for you: while your personal emotions affect the energy of your space, your space can be cleansed and refreshed! And that, in turn, will cleanse and refresh your energy and moods. There are levels on which everything is energy. So you may as well enjoy your energy!
Cleansing your space—sometimes called “smudging” –is easy. You just have to think of it and do it. There are no hard and fast rules. Here are some tips for success with an energy cleanse.
- Pick a day or hour when the outside weather is pleasant, and you would enjoy having your windows open anyway. If your windows don’t open, count on opening the doors and possibly running room fans to keep the air moving.
- Pick a sage bundle or wand, or a favorite incense stick; I use Nag Champa incense sticks. If you don’t have those at the moment, use a candle. Pick a lightweight dish or pan you’ll carry under the sage/incense/candle, to absolutely catch any flying or dropping embers. You don’t want the sparks or embers to touch your clothes or your carpet.
- Open your cabinet doors as well as all your windows.
- Set your intention. In the form of an affirmation or prayer, say to the Universe or Holy Spirit that you want to now release any old energy and cleanse your entire space.
- Light your sage/incense/candle. For incense, blow the big flame out and let the ember end smoke its scent into your space. Now begin to circulate in every space. You may want to stroll around thoughtfully, affirming the cleansing as you go, in each area.
- Especially circulate near your areas of most concentration (computer?) and fatigue (favorite chair, bed, pillows). When you plop into your favorite recliner at the end of the day, all your fatigue and frustration and busyness of the day go right into that recliner. That’s why it needs to have its energy cleansed.
- Use your own script. Affirm that (in God’s or Jesus’ name, if that feels right) you cleanse this entire area completely. You now clear it of any negative, tired, old, sick, pained, dissipated, frustrated, or angry energy (add any adjectives that suit you). And you now fill this entire area completely with new, fresh, clear, light, happy, healthy, blessed, ready-to-go energy. Keep affirming the clearing and the same excellent new qualities as you go from area to area. If necessary, do a difficult area twice. Remember the bathrooms, especially the showers.
- When you have circulated in all areas inside, work the doorway areas for several feet outside.
- Do all this for your car also. You may be amazed at the stress energy that has accumulated in the car.
- Finish with a prayer of thanks or affirmation of gratitude that all is now refreshed and recharged.
- Leave the cupboard doors and home/office doors open for an hour if possible. Run the ceiling fans to assure circulation.
- ENJOY the light feeling.
And that will be you, ever more Healthy, Happy, and Loving Lifesm!
In my daily series this month, I hope to strongly convince you that positive living is the way to be, and that it results in greater health and happiness and joy. Plus, it’s more fun! And that would be me and you, shaping our lives anew, ever more Healthy Happy and Loving Lifesm!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress solutions expert, holistic guide, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime energy healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, email@example.com .