© 2021 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
I first got into social media in 2009, taking a class and experimenting 20 hours a week. Worth it! In those dozen years, I have gotten a gazillion Facebook Friends Requests and learned how to screen those very quickly. Now you too can save time by following these 5 top tips!
- Is this someone you actually know? Great! If not, do they have a bunch of mutual friends? Maybe they are in one of your big business networking groups. If this is a face you’ve seen at church, and they have 43 friends from your church, maybe that’s an “Accept”. But don’t feel obligated.
- Would the name sound better if it were reversed? Like Davis John or Smith Pamela? Those came off an Excel-type file, and a non-English-speaking person put the list into a Friends Request mill. Click Decline and also click to block the entity not “person”—it’s not.
- Are the images of more than one person? A favorite of mine was from a General Billy (Something), who was depicted as 3 different races! Also, you could see wrong last names on the pockets of the servicemen in the images. Take a minute to glance down the posts. In this case, click Decline and also click to block the entity.
- Is the person’s online name the same as the name they are asking you to be friends with? You’ll see this at least 2 ways. First, you may see a “nickname” in parentheses after the name who is asking you to be friends. Decline and block! Second, look at their “About” information. What name is in their contact info? I have one right now that is from (I changed it a bit) James Miller. Everything looks believable, except their Facebook registration (look at the link in your search bar) is: jabu.jadgal.1. Decline and block!
- Are they portraying themselves as, for example, Anglo and Christian, but their interests are all African/Middle Eastern and Muslim? Glance through the About section, and you’ll be amazed. Unless this is a cluster of interests, you share, Decline and block!
And these are only my top 5! Soon, you’ll get really fast at this and even get some laughs. Who are they kidding? And that’s you, being more and more Healthy Happy and Loving Lifesm!
Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM, is a stress solutions expert, holistic guide, and award-winning author who celebrates life. She has a longtime energy healing practice and is an ordained minister. Among her books are: Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire, and Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. The books are available on Amazon and through Kebba’s office. To email us, email@example.com .