© 2016 Kebba Buckley Button, M.S., O.M., World Rights Reserved.
A huge secret of the happy and successful life, the Upbeat Livingtm lifestyle, is patience. It’s one of the greatest hidden power weapons of those who rise highest in business and other pursuits. There are 4 main reasons for this.
- Showing impatience makes you look weak or fussy. Nodding patiently, while someone rants on about the Complaint of the Hour, makes you look wise, understanding, and enduring.
- Wearing an expression of impatience makes you feel more impatience. Our facial expressions generate emotions, rather than simply reflecting emotions. A quiet facial expression will help you be more patient.
- Raising your voice, tensing your muscles, slapping the desk, raising a center finger, and other gestures of frustration will actually increase your frustration. So never sink to that. Peaceful body language will help you be serene.
- Although it gives a temporary sense of power and release, profanity only helps you in very limited circumstances (see previous article, http://wp.me/pw4HM-mG). Again, it signals your system to be upset. Using polite, elegant language in a peaceful tone will help you and others keep your peace.
Many sources have commented on the importance of patience. George Savile said,
A man who is a master of patience is a master of everything else.
Have patience. All things are difficult until they become easy.
The Bible, in Galations 5:22, says,
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness…
So if you are patient, you are the one who will reap rewards, in relationships and in your business achievements. While others are cultivating tension and stress, making faces, waving their arms, stamping their feet, badmouthing others, swearing, and getting exhausted from that level of theater, patience produces results. Patience produces the win. You remain peaceful and effective. You win. And that’s Upbeat Livingtm!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition. That and her newest book, Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, are available through her office. Just email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: email@example.com .
- Recent changes have made our Facebook likes look low. Would you click “Like” in the right-hand column? You’ll get our appreciation and a huge rise in your good karma!