© 2016 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
My work is dedicated to helping people shift into positive thinking and positive living, accentuating the Upbeat: I call this Upbeat Livingsm. Living this way results in progressively dissolving stress, fatigue, and health issues. It also results in more joy and harmony, which build over time. A great source of my personal Upbeat Livingsm has been my Feng Shui Garden.
I first began developing The Feng Shui Gardensm about 10 years ago, after I bought my present home. One day, I was at a home improvement store, to pick up a door, and there was a display of unlabeled pine trees in large black plastic pots. It was just after Christmas, and these were orphan trees, once intended to be indoor Christmas trees, and now on clearance for 50% off. I was so strongly moved to adopt this tree, that there was no resisting it. Heaven clearly wanted me to take this tree home. At that time, it was about my height, about 5 feet 6 inches. With much help from my tall, strong husband-to-be (now husband), I selected a location for this little tree, far out from the Garden’s 6-foot wall. My thought was to have the tree anchor a charming planter area in that corner of the garden.
Ha! The tree is now 4 times my height, with its branches draping out over the wall. It’s so big now, that there is no way to reasonably get a photo. As you approach the house, you can now see the backyard treetop looking down on the house. Its shade cools our yard and our home. It has a strong energy presence; it’s very calming. What concerns me is that the nearby park has similar-looking trees that are up to 70 feet tall. That’s right. Huge. We thought we were buying a vegetal puppy, and we ended up with a vegetal giant! Only this giant is very well behaved.
This morning, I was out in the Garden, with two ladders, trimming a few dead bits out of the beautiful pine tree. I was remembering some of the amazing life principles I have learned in the years of my friendship with this tree. Now I want to share a few with you:
- Scale: Start a project, and you never know how grand it may turn out to be, especially when it’s Heaven-backed. My pine tree has become the triumphant presence in the The Feng Shui Garden. Not greater than the Divine Presence, of course.
- Vision: Keep watering your project garden, treat it reasonably, handle with prayer, and years later, it may look like quite a different project. The project itself may change your vision of the project, with time.
- Dynamism: Everything is dynamic. Puppies, pines, relationships, business projects, social media—everything is ever-changing. So when we start something, we need to be flexible and see just how it’s evolving. Did your puppy look like the grown dog did/does? Does your relationship with your sister look like it did when you were kids?
- Response to Grace: As the project/person/puppy changes, they bless us differently, and we need to change. We need to decorate around them, in different ways. A puppy needs a different bed, different food, different toys, different exercise than a grown dog. In The Feng Shui Garden, I have shifted the design of the Garden a number of times, as the pine has grown and begun to grace the Garden differently. I enlarged the original planter bed several times, to engage the visual scale and beauty of the pine. A 30” monk statue under the pine has been moved several times, as the scale of the planter area has shifted. Today, I removed the original coin plant (looks like jade plant with up to ½” succulent leaves) that, at one time, was on the sunny edge of the pine’s planter zone. Recently, it has been in complete shade and wandering about. Today, the removed coin plant got reduced to cuttings and transferred to a beautiful pot, now standing at a sunny edge of the pine’s perimeter. I had to re-think and re-vision what was under the pine, as it began to teach me more of who it was.
The pine in The Feng Shui Garden is moving into its greatness. Who knows what the scale of its greatness will be in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? Are you moving into your greatness? Are you looking at the scale of your efforts, examining your vision, and staying flexible with the dynamism of Life? Most important, are you shifting your project, decorating around your larger project, and accommodating the greatness of your life’s Garden with new design changes? Remember: although we cannot know exactly what it is, the best is yet to be. And that’s Upbeat Livingsm!
- If you enjoy this post, please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column. You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
- Kebba Buckley Button is a Master’s Degree scientist, a minister, and the award-winning author of Sacred Meditation, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, and also Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br). She also has a natural healing and stress management practice and is a celebrated public speaker.
- Your comments are welcome!
- Get these articles by email– just click the Subscribe Free option in the right column.
- Reach the writer at email@example.com .