© 2016 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Are you having New Year Stress, trying to plan the best resolutions ever? I don’t make resolutions per se, for New Years. And, as a 30-year holistic practitioner and stress management expert, I don’t recommend you do, either.
Resolutions tend to dissolve within 2 weeks and generate guilt all year. So for today, forget all the resolutions you made a year ago. Forget how you’ve been eating and drinking and not-exercising. Forget what the scale said this morning. (You had to look, didn’t you?) Today, you are behind on last year’s idealized ideas of who and how you and your life should be. Some of you are feeling really guilty about the gap. But guilt depresses your parasympathetic nervous system, makes you tired, and leaves you more open to illness, so it is ineffective to nurture your guilt. May I boldly suggest you stop guilting yourself right now?
So, if you skip the resolutions, will you be adrift in a sea of ideas all year? No no! Instead, today, do what your body-mind-heart-spirit system needs: gentle transition from holiday health (ha ha ha) into the vigor you want and need for a powerful New Year. Do these things today, and continue this week:
- Drink lots of extra filtered water. This detoxes. It also helps your salt/sugar-dehydrated intestines to eliminate more easily. You were praying for Divine Deliverance, weren’t you?
- Eat less sweet stuff today. Sweetness is yin and makes you yin: swollen, weak, slow, foggy and quiet.
- If you can, walk for 20 minutes or tread on your treadmill, at walking speed, for 20 minutes. Or pull weeds for 20 minutes. More detox.
- Schedule some energy therapy like Jin Shin Jyutsu® for balancing. This can eliminate the aches and unclarity.
- Take some time in Nature. This pumps up your master hormone, DHEA, making you stronger and more resilient. The effect is immediate. An upcoming article will expand on this amazing phenomenon.
- If you like God, pray, or just find a quiet place and moment, and talk. You may be astonished at what you hear.
- Start a journal, in your iPad or the like, your iPhone notes section, or in a disguised document on your computer. As you finish reading this article, take 5 minutes to write down some of your realizations. Notice how much lighter you feel?
- Day by day, as you continue taking care of yourself, you will notice everything working better for you. You will have fewer and milder stress reactions. Your relationships and your business tasks will be becoming clearer and easier and more profitable. If part of your work is to affect the World, notice your sphere of influence pleasantly increasing. Give yourself credit for every new level.
Take care of yourself like this, and you will automatically thrive in your New Year! And to start making the most of it, consider gliding into it gently. Forget the advice to jump in forcefully. Create a transition from the Holidays. Treat yourself kindly. Your pzazz will be back in mere days. Now: Happy (and Fabulous) New Year! And that is Upbeat Living!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc ). Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, available through her office. Just email SacredMeditation@kebba.com.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: firstname.lastname@example.org .