© 2015 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM
Do you have staleness stress? Especially for you stressed-out professionals: do you have the Blahs? Are you feeling dull, flat, uninspired? Are you having trouble writing or saying anything that would be effective for your clients, and YOU don’t even think you’re interesting?Is this a day when not only can you not write/do/say anything brilliant, but you can’t even think what your clients would be interested in? This may have been subtly creeping up on you off and on for months. Has this been sneaking up on you for a long time? You’re unable to be the inspiration you need to be. You are officially stale!
You need a shift! Now, no complaining to friends or on your blog. You can wear out your friends and fans. Just take the following steps to heart, practice them, and write me about your amazing progress.
Instant Help for Staleness Stress
On deadline or about to work with a client today? Then use these Emergency Boosts for the Staleness Stress, all within 10 minutes:
- In a slow, stretching way, roll your shoulders in every possible direction for 2 minutes. It’s the stretch that’s important.
- Take your shoes off and flail about wildly in any way that will get your blood going, for 2 minutes. Notice how your brain cells are starting to work again.
- Set up your work area as though you are about to have a terrific writing/client session and…
- Drink a double espresso drink or strong black or green tea.
- Do that work!
The first two steps open up constricted blood flow from tight muscles, with better oxygen supply to the brain in 30 seconds. Step 3 sets you up with a context for success. Step 4 provides you with digestive stimulation, which wakes up the brain, together with massive antioxidant flow, which enables the brain. In Step 5, the rubber hits the road.
Next time, we’ll cover fighting Staleness Stress for the longer term, in the context of Upbeat Living. For now, keep experimenting with the Emergency Boosts for the Staleness Stress. You are worth it: you are a valuable resource person and people need you!
- Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition. Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine. Both that book and Peace Within are available through her office. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: email@example.com.