© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Feeling freaked out? Got a horribly stressful week going on? Fear not–Upbeat Living has rescue stress help for you! Upbeat Living supports you in being happy, healthy, and on-the-go, and co-creating the life you want. That said, sometimes even the Upbeat Living office has challenging days. Recently, in a couple of project areas, things got jammed up. So we really clicked into using our own stress management and energy management tools!
What went whacky? We had to fire a major vendor. We also needed to replace them, which was a process. Wanting never to hurt anyone, if possible, made the vendor firing thing very intense. In another arena, the bank made an error. I drove over to get them to fix it, a secondary effect popped up, and I drove back to get them to fix that. Plus, the Moon was full, which generally seems to intensify the energy of all interactions. Plus, we had all our usual deadlines and client appointments. For several days, it seemed the opposite of peaceful. It seemed like crisis time.
It’s not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.
~ Lou Holtz
So what does Upbeat Living do when it’s crisis time? We use the crisis-level stress management tools, the “Crisis Quickies”. Try some of these, and let us know how they work for you.
- Run in place for 2 minutes, if you can. Feel your neck, shoulders, stomach, and whole body loosening up.
- Divide the crisis or crises into pieces, and start on one piece.
- If you feel like vomiting from stress, go ahead. You’ll release a lot of tension and feel better fast. Then seriously brush your breath, and everything will seem less serious.
- If you have to be in meetings with those who are disrupting your peace, try to look calm. This helps directly, signaling your body-mind system to calm down.
- In those meetings, place the tips of the 3 center fingers of your right hand in the center of your left palm. This looks calm and signals your central nervous system to go quiet. Now you can deal with those people and issues more easily.
- When you get home, take an extra shower. Yes, you’re clean, but this one is for therapy. Picture all the stress energy of the day flowing out of you, out of your head, off your scalp, and down the drain. Sing loudly, any song that comes to mind. Make up something that suits the issues of the day. Blow your hair dry, which will also blow stress energy off your head.
- Practice exhaling. Forget all that advice about “taking a big breath”. You need to empty your lungs before you can take that big breath. Exhaling is especially powerful, because you can do it quietly without anyone realizing you are managing a crisis.
- If you are a person of faith, pray! If you don’t know what to pray for, just pray, “Help!” You may be surprised at how crises ease up when you pray for help.
And all the best to you! I know you will be back on your happy path, in your Upbeat Living, in no time!
● Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br), plus the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core, Second Edition (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc). She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister.
● Liked this article? You can buy Kebba’s books: just click the links!
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please comment!
● Get these articles by email– just click the Subscribe Free option in the right column.
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .