© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved
This series of GF recipes continues, in support of those who are sensitive to wheat or gluten, or who feed friends and loved ones who don’t do well with wheat or gluten. There are countless delicious recipes that are completely free of wheat and gluten! And if there are any recipes you would like converted, please send them to me. I will do my best to make a GF version that tastes exactly like the original!
Today’s special recipe comes from traditional French cooking. In the Perigord region of southwest France, cooks prepare many dishes with walnuts, which have cholesterol-lowering properties. In fact, the Perigord region has the second-lowest rate of heart disease in the world. Many believe this is due to a high consumption of walnuts.
This recipe is easier than it sounds, as long as you have a food processor. Also, do not vary from the directions. I tested a few versions of this recipe before I got it perfect.
French Walnut Cake
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees F
- Process 6-6 ½ oz walnuts in food processor until fine but not nut butter.
- Take 3 oz or 6 T of butter, room temperature, and cream it in a large bowl.
- Add 4 egg yolks and 6 oz or ¾ c organic sugar, and mix well.
- Add the finely processed nuts to the mixture and mix well.
- Beat 4 egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to move the batter into a buttered 8” x 8” Pyrex pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Then turn down the heat to 275 degrees and bake another 23 minutes.
- Now cool on a rack for 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Cut into 8 bars (or 16 squares for small appetites), and serve with GF whipped cream and slices of strawberries. This would also be good drizzled with the hot fudge sauce (Easiest GF Hot Fudge Sauce) from yesterday’s post. Enjoy!
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)( http://perfectboundmarketing.gostorego.com/authors/kebba-buckley-button.html)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br). ● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .