© 2013 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
It is good for all of us to lighten up sometimes. In fact, it’s good for all of us to lighten up at regular intervals. The body and brain work much better when we take a break and smile and laugh every day. The Bible, in the book of Ecclesiastes agrees. It says (Ecc 3:1), “[T]o everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven…(Ecc 3:4) A time to weep , and a time to laugh ; a time to mourn , and a time to dance.” In other words, there are purposes, as well as times, for lightening up. So in that spirit, today UpBeat Living is sharing this story found circulating the Internet. The author is unknown. Hopefully, this story will give you a smile—it’s time!
A Baptist couple decide that they want to get a dog. As they are walking down the street in town, they notice that a sign in the pet shop is advertising “Christian Puppies.” Their interest piqued, they go inside.
“How do you know they’re Christian puppies?”
“Watch,” says the owner, as he takes one of the dogs and says, “Fetch the Bible.” The dog runs over to the desk, and grabs the Bible in its mouth and returns. Putting the Bible on the floor, the owner says, “Find Psalm 23.” The dog flips pages with its paw until he reaches the right page, and then stops. Amazed and delighted, the couple purchase the dog and head home.
That evening, they invite some friends over and show them the dog, having him run through his Psalm 23 routine. Impressed, one of the visitors asks “Does he also know ‘regular’ commands?”
“Gee, we don’t know. We didn’t ask,” replies the husband.
Turning to the dog, he says, “Sit.” The dog sits. He says, “Lie down.” The dog lies down. He says “Roll over.” The dog rolls over.
He says “Heel.” The dog runs over to him, jumps up on the sofa, puts both paws on the owner’s forehead and bows his head.
“Oh look!” the wife exclaims. “He’s PENTECOSTAL!”
● If you enjoy this post, please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column. You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Kebba Buckley Button is a Master’s Degree scientist, a minister, and the award-winning author of the 2012 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (http://tinyurl.com/abd47jr), and also Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br). She also has a natural healing and stress management practice and is a celebrated public speaker.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Get these articles by email– just click the Subscribe Free option in the right column.
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .