© 2013 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Do you have pain and hate to take drugs? Here are some nonprescription ways to help yourself with minor pains, especially muscular pain due to stress. These are from our 30-year holistic healing practice and stress management coaching practice. These tips are not meant to be medical advice, nor are they meant to be all-inclusive or comprehensive. If you have serious pain, especially due to a medical condition, by all means consult your doctor, and ask about the compatibility of these techniques with your situation.
- For any pain, exhale to the end of your breath. Allow a reflexive inhalation. Do this twice more. Notice the pain is…less. Let your shoulders drop gently. Repeat as often as you like.
- For tooth pain, (1) stop consuming sugars. (2) Hold the pain area with one hand while holding the same side outer ankle with the other hand. (3) Over-the-counter pain remedies such as Orajel can assist until you get to a dentist.
- Got knots in your back? They are called “trigger points”, and everyone has them. (1) Try a heating pad for 20 minutes at a time. (2) A hot soak (at the “ahhhh” temperature for you) with at least 2 cups/1pound of Epsom salts, for 20 minutes, will relax the muscles.
- For knots in your back or for tension headaches, roll your shoulders slowly, gently stretching the muscles, for two minutes at a time.
- For overall tight back muscles, sit in a favorite chair and lean slightly forward. Reach those arms forward, stretching, as if you are grasping at a bank of chocolate ice cream.
- Did you twist an ankle or a wrist? Put ice on it for 20 minutes at a time, for less internal bleeding, more comfort, less swelling, and faster recovery. After 20 minutes, ice will have a stimulating effect, rather than a calming one, so stick with 20 minutes 4 times a day. Keep the injury generally propped up for comfort.
- For minor annoying injuries, ask your health food store for Arnica products, as creams or to take by mouth. But do NOT get Arnica tea. The tea smells so foul, you would remember UpBeat Living forever, and not kindly. Ask the store for the correct strength of the homeopathic pellets for your issue—strength makes a huge difference.
- Eat your fresh fruits and veggies—yes, salad is veggies! Dark greens and colorful fruits are best, loaded with various antioxidants that make your skin, nerve, and muscle tissues all very healthy and disinclined to have pain. Plus, you will heal faster.
- Heal thyself: place your right hand on the injury and your left hand on top of the right, to drive energy into the injured area. No pressing.
- Think happy, healing thoughts, and see yourself relaxed and fully healthy.
Now get some sleep and call the office if you want a Jin Shin Jyutsu ® session for a tuneup, pain solutions, or speeding your healing. You will get through this!
● If you enjoy this post, please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column. You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Kebba Buckley Button is a Master’s Degree scientist, a minister, and the award-winning author of the 2012 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (http://tinyurl.com/abd47jr), and also Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br). She also has a natural healing and stress management practice and is a celebrated public speaker.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Get these articles by email– just click the Subscribe Free option in the right column.
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .