It was an unusually cold night in Los Angeles, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Twenty million viewers sat at home, riveted to their TV sets, enthralled as the stars made their way slowly along the red carpet. It was the 2013 Golden Globe® Awards. The men were in elegant suits. The women wore stunning, graceful designer gowns, many reminiscent of eras past. News teams dotted the length of the red carpet, interviewing and photographing the stars, the directors, and key industry icons. Despite the 40 degree air, the stars walked slowly, apparently relaxed, in joyful expectancy of a delightful evening.
The Awards ceremony itself was a good-natured gathering of the entertainment industry, brought together by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA). Informal humor abounded, as colleagues kidded colleagues. When Jennifer Garner stood to present an award, she apologized, laughing, saying her husband, Ben Affleck, had forgotten to thank two people. She thanked them on Affleck’s behalf, then went on to present the award as scheduled. There were a number of takeaways from the evening.
- Year-round maintenance of your skin and figure are vital. You may need to be at an important event any time. The stars all looked fantastic.
- Smiling is paramount, regardless of the cold, and the fact that your unspeakably beautiful designer gown would be comfortable at 80 degrees. The stars all looked pleasant and happy.
- People are always watching your act and noticing your expression. Try to be aware of where the cameras are. An impression may last a lifetime. The stars all looked joyful, expectant, welcoming, friendly.
- “Of course, the best journeys are shared.” Damian Lewis said it, and I’ll quote him many times. With whom are you sharing your journey? Would more sharing feel good and be more satisfying?
- An evening of sharing and laughing with and celebrating your friends is one of life’s greatest experiences. So finish your workout, get your smile on, and share that journey.
● Kebba Buckley Button is a corporate stress management trainer and the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You, and the 2012 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core. She also has a natural healing practice and is an ordained minister.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Get these articles by email– just click the Subscribe Free option in the right column.
● Reach the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org .